EndNote and EndNote basic
EndNote and EndNote basic are tools for managing bibliographic references. EndNote is the software version of the product, while EndNote basic is the online version.
These tools allow you to :
- Set up your personalized database of bibliographic references
- Import article references from a number of databases available in the library
- Insert references into your dissertations or theses and update your bibliography
EndNote or EndNote basic?
- If you have a laptop, you can take it to IT services to have the EndNote software installed
- If you have a desktop computer, you can ask a technician to come and install the software
- EndNote is installed on the desktop computers reserved for PhD students
- Note: IT services will ask you to get permission from your thesis director before setting up the software
Grande école or Specialized masters students
- Use EndNote basic and create your own personal profile
- Note: the initial sign-up must be done on campus. Once signed up, you can log into EndNote on and off campus
How to use EndNote and EndNote basic
The library has the version X7 of EndNote.
Guides written by Clarivate Analytics (according to several system requirements) :
Who to contact?
- Please contact the IT department.
Zotero is a free tool for managing bibliographic references. It lives in the web browser itself.
This tool allow you to :
- Collect your bibliographic information easily and efficiently with a single click on your browser’s address bar
- Organize and share your references
- Cite your references directly into your Word processor (dissertation, master’s thesis, internship report, research paper, thesis…)
- Generate your bibliography with a single click
- Sync your references on all your devices
How to install Zotero?
Go to Zotero website and choose the version you wish to download.
Here is an installation guide prepared by the HEC Library.
The HEC Library regularly offers on site or online discovery sessions for the Zotero tool
- Register for a session as soon as it is announced
- Follow us on Twitter to be informed about Zotero workshops : @hecparislibrary
Who to contact at the library?
- Sandra Dupouy : 01 39 67 73 35