Your personal data
1 – Preamble
As part of the library management, HEC Paris, headquartered at 8 avenue de la porte de Champerret, 75017 Paris, is processing the personal data about students, employees and external users who subscribe to the library.
2 –Collection of personal data
Your personal data is primarily collected through:
- Forms and surveys that are distributed online or printed.
- The syncing of our library management system with the school directory
Please note that the data fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed. Should they be missing, the service related to their collection may not take place.
3 – Type of data collected
- Identification data (Name, student or employee number)
- Contact data (home address, telephone number, email address)
- Data regarding your academic curriculum or your professional situation
- Data regarding your documents loans or consultations
- Login information when you visit our online catalog
4 – Purposes
HEC Paris collect this data in order to:
- Provide individual information regarding the financial management of loans and the recovery of books and media that are loaned or consulted
- Publish anonymous statistical reports that are necessary for the management and improvement of the library services.
- Allow the library patron to consult his current or past loans
- Collect purchase suggestions in order to improve our offer
5 – Data conservation
With the exception of data collected for an interlibrary loan, all data are stored locally at HEC Paris and are not transmitted to third parties. Their access is restricted to library and IT department staff.
The recorded data are stored during the duration of your training or contract, after what they will deleted or anonymized.
Data collected during an interlibrary loan may be transferred to partner libraries and are temporarily stored on Google Forms. They are delete from Google Forms as soon as the request is processed and saved on a locally stored file at HEC Paris for a maximum duration of one (1) year from the date of the loan.
6 – Right of access
You have the right to access, rectify, and delete any of your personal data by contacting the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or by mail at 1 rue de la Libération, 78350 Jouy-en-Josas, please use the subject-line “Droit des personnes- gestion impression” and attach a copy of your identity certification.
You have also the right to file a complaint with the Commission nationale de l'informatique et des libertés (National Commission on Informatics and Liberty) by visiting its website www.cnil.fr